LIGHT WEIGHT, 2000 WATT, POWER AMPLIFIER
ShopMSL price: $649.99
ShopMSL saves you $169.01 (21%)!
The GX7 uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PL Series, (PLX, PL3, CX, DCA) almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss. Both amplifiers use premium toroidal power transformers for reliable “mid-weight” performance. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amplifier, drawing cool air in over the power transformer, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a down-sized chassis.
The GX7 adds the road-proven PowerLight supply to the Class H output section, for more overall output power and additional weight savings. The result is one of the highest power-to-weight ratios in the industry. A low-noise variable-speed fan with rear-to-front airflow keeps amplifiers and racks cool.
As always, GX Series amplifiers are fully protected from the usual hazards of the trade, ensuring stable performance and long life.
|8 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven)||725 W|
|8 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven)||800 W|
|4 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven)||1000 W|
|4 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven)||1200 W|
|Distortion (1 dB below rated power, 1 kHz)||8 ohms: less than 0.02%
4 ohms: less than 0.05%
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4″ TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts, 1/4″ (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1″/257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight – GX3 and GX5 less than 26 lbs (12.5 kg). GX7 only 15.5 lbs (7 kg)*
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in